It's week two of the One Room Challenge and we have been busy around here!
The carpet was installed and we LOVE it! It really warms up the space and adds a little texture to the room.
We installed the chair rail to divide the contrasting colors in the room, and finished up all the electrical
which meant we got to move our sofa back in!!!!! (apparently, she is my little model for this space)
I plan on doing a group of staggered pallets on the back wall. My brother in law pulled all the pallets apart, my son power washed them, and I scrubbed the debris and yuck off with a brush.
We left them in the sun to dry out
So here is the vision for the space:
- Reuse our brown sectional. It isn't "ideal," but with the right pillows and accessories, it will work
- I hope to add a high top table with some cute stools next to the sofa. It is ordered, and the size is perfect, but I am hoping it isn't too tippy for young kids. Come back next week to see if it makes the cut
- We need a kid-friendly coffee table. This Ikea one seems to be indestructible, but it may be a little small for the current sofa
This next week I will be working on:
1. //Putting the pallets on the wall
2. //Finding some kid friendly art that is not cheesy
3. // Painting the media center
4. //I have a couple surprise elements up my sleeve. I can't give it all away now, so you'll have to come back and see what I'm up to!
Like I mentioned in my previous post, I am working on completing the staircase that leads up to this room. NOT a small undertaking. The thirteen treads have been sanded and stained. Twice. My plan is to start Poly'ing, and moving onto painting the handrail.
Thanks for all the encouraging emails. I post lots of sneak peeks on Instagram.
Head over there and follow along!
Be sure to check out the rest of the One Room Challenge Participants Here at Calling it Home!