Our little girls room is FINALLY done! She moved into her big girl bed and boy, was she ECSTATIC!
The whole vision of the room came from this stellar deal on the headboard pictured below. I found at our local flea market for $25.00!!!!! I had been eying this spindle bed… and as you can see, I saved a boat load of money!
The curtains are from her baby nursery that I just reused and added some matching fabric on the bottom along with the pom pom fringe:
I found this guy at a garage sale for $2!
It had a certain 1970's flair, but I knew I could jazz it up with some paint… Here's a picture right after I painted it (notice the gold dipped legs I added)
Of course she needed a girlie light. Thankfully, Ikea had a little bling that fit our budget perfectly!
The fabric banner was a super, simple fabric sewn DIY. My daughter and her friend helped me cut out the triangles. I just sewed it to a piece of flat trim. (I have no idea what the official name of it is).
Are you ready for the best part? Her art wall… ALL THE ART WAS FREE!!!! Well, almost.
- The two painted pieces are original art painted by non other than our little 3 year old.
- The quotes? I created in pic monkey and printed off from our computer.
- The bunny was a free clip art created from microsoft word. They have a fun editing app that can turn anything into a hand sketched piece…looks artistic, right?
- Her name was a gift from a family member when she was born.
- Lastly, the plates…The pink and gold one was a gift from my late mother in law. The green one was the only piece I paid for, and it's thrifted from Good Will!
- All the small frames were purchased from Ikea. I painted one of them gold, and the two larger one's were repurposed from her nursery.
When Target released their Oh Joy collection, I instantly knew I had to use something, somewhere in her room! These are all paper flowers from that collection, and the photo? Doesn't even do them justice. They are FAB-ulous! Did you spot another original art piece?
The large frame is from Hobby Lobby. My daughter did a photo shoot when we first set up her bed.
She loves all things glitz and glamor already, so of course I gave her my tube of lipstick and let her go crazy. She wasn't excited at all… ha!
And then there's this… I found this at our local Saver's and thought it look kinda cool for a nightstand.I picked it up for $5, and most recently saw it selling on a online thrift store for $95.00!
Here is what it looked like when I picked it up:
Can you guess what it is? If you guessed an old record holder, you're right!
Of course, we have no need for records in her room, so I took the doors off and painted the inside and outside. The paint matches the other 70's table turned glossy pink on the other side, and the legs got a matching gold finish. I haven't quite finished the piece because I'm still debating if I'm going to put the doors back on. I had a crazy thought to make it into a little bed for her babies. She would be ALL over that…. so after I find the perfect accessories for the top, and figure out a concrete plan for what to do with the space inside, it will officially be all done!
Oh, and that cute little pouf? At Target for $7! Now that's a great deal!
This weekend my project is is linked up at Tatertots and Jello. Go check out other great projects!